Legia Warszawa suffered a 0:2 loss to Jagiellonia Białystok. Well-deserved triumph Jagiellonia owes to a former Legia player – Kamil Grosicki. It was the first two-goal loss during this season.
Legia started off strong in the same arrangement as with Lech. The first attempt on goal was to be seen as early as in the 32. second. Nevertheless, Tomasz Kiełbowicz’s pass into the penalty area was inaccurately finished by Bartłomiej Grzelak. Later, the former tried a long-range strike, which missed Jagiellonia’s post just by a few centimetres. The initiative was soon taken by the host team, who seriously threatened Mucha a couple of times. Thanks to strong pressing in the midfield Jagiellonia’s advantage was growing, finally leading to a goal by Kamil Grosicki (32’). He confirmed his exceptional disposition seven minutes later in a spectacular faint performed on Dickson Choto. The first half was a good show, full of action and battle spirit.
Wishing to bank on Grosicki’s excellence, the local side turned to defensive mode and counter-attacks. Already in the 50’ the striker dangerously lobbed the ball over Jan Mucha, but it went over the crossbar. Although Legia strived to fight back, Grosicki was unbeatable and curled home a 60’ long-corner goal. From that moment on Warsaw players seemed more nervous and even three substitutions brought no result. The only accurate hit in the second half (again unsuccessful) was performed by Maciej Iwański in extra time.
After the loss of goal to Odra Wodzisław, Legia has suffered second time in the league, hence a loss of three points. The most worrying is the team’s inability to hit back. The last time Legia lost two goals in the league was…with Jagiellonia Białystok in 2008/2009 season (1:2).
Jagiellonia - Legia 2-0 (1- 0)
Goals: 32`, 60` Grosicki,
Legia: 82. Jano Mucha – 25 Jakub Rzeźniczak, 4. Dickson Choto, 15. Inaki Astiz, 11. Tomasz Kiełbowicz – 32. Miroslav Radović, 8. Maciej Iwański, 28. Marcin Smoliński, 31. Maciej Rybus – 9. Bartłomiej Grzelak – 19. Takesure Chinyama
Jagiellonia: Grzegorz Sandomierski – Igor Lewczuk, Thiago Rangel Cionek, Andrius Skerla, Alexis Norambuena – Marco Reich, Hermes, Bruno, Dariusz Jarecki – Kamil Grosicki, Tomasz Frankowski
- Czas odzyskać fotel lidera!
- "Dwójka" o drugie zwycięstwo
- Legia na Twitterze. Warto być z nami!
- Sobota w prasie
- Trwa 7. kolejka T-Mobile Ekstraklasy
- Bohdan Tomaszewski Cup 2014
- Promocja na koniec wakacji!
- Statystyki meczu Legia - Aktobe (1)
- Puchar Syrenki: Dwa gole Bielika (1)
- 7. kolejka: typuje Łukasz Budziłek
- Terminarz grupy L Ligi Europy (1)
- Berg: Duża szansa na awans (2)
- Kucharczyk: Sportowo - to dobra grupa (1)
- LE: Żyro i Rzeźniczak o losowaniu
- Sylwetki grupowych rywali Legii (1)
- Iwański najlepszy w meczu z Jagiellonią (37)
- Mecz Jagiellonia - Legia na legia.com (2)
- Kulisy meczu Jagiellonia Białystok - Legia Warszawa - VIDEO (9)
- Przykra porażka zaskoczyła kibiców (15)
- Bramki z meczu Jagiellonia - Legia
- Legioniści o meczu (9)
- Trenerzy o meczu (27)
- Grosicki wypunktował Legię (116)
- Tomasz Frankowski: Najważniejsze są punkty
- Kibu: 'Jaga' gra szybko i agresywnie